Things have slowed down and backed up around here because of finals, but here's a brief review of recent news:
- The Feds busted a marijuana candy factory in the Bay Area. Was the candy kosher? We'll never know.
- According to a recent poll, about half of America is down to de-criminalize marijuana.
- It looks like Israel's pro-marijuana party just might win a few seats in the Knesset.
- Recently, TheJewishWoman.org was officially launched online. It is a unique website designed for Jewish women by Jewish women.
- (clears throat) We failed to report on the Rabbinical Assembly's Committee on Jewish Law and Standards, which was supposed to decide the Conservative movement's stance on homosexuality. But other blogs covered it well and in-depth.
- The bird flu has reached Israel, and some suspect it may be a punishment from G-d.
- A recent study found organized Jewish life on college and university campuses to be lacking and generally unattractive to Jewish students.