Monday, October 09, 2006

Forgiveness 2.0

Forgiveness 2.0

Background:
If you havent seen, I created a facebook group called "Do You Forgive Yonah Feinstein?" to try to bring the concept of Tshuvah, spiritual return, (goyisha-transgression and repentence) into the 21st century. An overwhelming number of people joined, both of those that I invited because I know that I have done wrong to, and those that were not invited but wanted to show their support. I believe the highpoint was at 98 (crossing fingers for 100).

Ok, Here We Go:
Thank you all so much for your forgiveness this year. It makes me truly glad that we can actually seek a second chance after our wrongdoings.

Over the course of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, and the progress of this group, I have thought a lot about the things I have done, aka, the ways ive pissed yall off, and how I can make ammends.

This group is definitely a frist step. It has enabled self reflection, primarily on my behaf, and I hope it has made you think about the ways we can all become better people.

Seeking forgiveness electronically has been an interesting endeavor, no doubt. I have received both well wishes and criticism for this feat. But overall, I believe it has made a positive impact.

That is why....
I'd like to brainstorm about taking it one step further. How can we utilize the casual and anonymous nature of the internet to both rid us of guilt and regret, as well as help us seek forgiveness, and ultimately, become better people because of it.

Any Ideas?
Would a PostSecret model work? A blog? a YahooAnswers model?
Let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home