Week in Preview
- Monday, May 15th:
- Primo Levi and the Germans: After the Holocaust how is forgiveness possible?
- Professor Alvin Rosenfeld, an important scholar in the areas of both the Holocaust and contemporary anti-Semitism, will be speaking about recent articles he has written on the topic of anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism among Jewish intellectuals. 10-11:30am in Bay Tree Conference Room C.
- Beach bonfire, barbecue and live musical performances by Digeomai and Gaggle. 7:00pm at Seabright Beach. Rides leaving from Baytree Bookstore at 6:30 and 7:00pm.
- ROUTINE BICYCLE MAINTENANCE CLINIC, 6:30pm @ Cycle Works (1149 41st Ave., across from Spa Fitness). Bring your bike to learn easy fix-it skills. Free snacks to keep you nourished.
- Bagels, Lox and Torah in the afternoon
- Tacos and Talmud in the evening.
- FOOD DELIVERY DAY, 10-5pm @ The Hub (703 Pacific Ave Suite B, entrance on Spruce St.). Call to volunteer for this fun and inspiring community event. Bring your bike and trailer, or one can be provided for you, and spend an hour or two transporting goods via bicycle! Call Elaina @ PedX: 831-426-BIKE.
- Past Ghosts, Present Demons: Anti-Semitism in Europe 12:00 - 1:30pm in Cowell Conference Room. Lunch will be provided. Ben Cohen, Anti-Defamation League's Director of European Affairs, examines why hating Jews isn't history.
- Then at 8:00pm, check out Middle East: The Movie in Stevenson 150.
- BIKE TO WORK/SCHOOL DAY, 6:30-9:30am. TRY A FRESH AIR COMMUTE – DO YOUR PART TO REDUCE GLOBAL WARMING! Win $1,000! Enter the Clean Air Month drawing by filling out a Bike to Work Day Breakfast site survey or registering online at CleanAirMonth.com. Free Breakfast for Cyclists at UCSC Women’s Center (near base of campus), at the top of bike path, and at the UCSC Bike Co-op (Bay Tree Plaza).
- Friday Night Live at the Chabad House, includes special guest speaker Bruce Thompson.
- Student-led services and Shabbat dinner at Hillel.
- Paintball: shoot the Rabbi (jk).
- Hillel fundraiser at the Bittersweet Bistro. $100 dinner includes local women singing.
Tuesday, May 16th: La''G BaOmer!
Wednesday, May 17th:
Thursday, May 18th:
Friday, May 19th:
Saturday, May 20th:
Sunday, May 21st: