Sunday, October 29, 2006

Interesting Artistic Opportunities

This was forwarded to me by Rabbi Shalom Bochner. Sounds interesting:
>I'm looking for models with Middle Eastern faces. Our first account
>> is of the woman who wiped Jesus' feet with her hair. I'd like to
>> have some actual pose time with the model, but after that I would
>> work from a photo.
>>
>> Sooooo, I'm wondering, do you know of any folks who might be up for
>> something like this?
>>
>> We'd really appreciate any help or direction you could give us.
>> Blessings,
>> Ruthie Korch
>> 831.426.6869
Well, he was Jewish I suppose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fedora Black said...

While I appreciate Mrs. Korch's desire to use Jews and other people of Middle Eastern origin to make her religious artwork as authentic as possible, I think that Jews should be careful about volenteering for this project.

First there is the issue of a Jew participating in the production of imagery that might be considered Avoda Zara (idolatry). Second, there is the issue of Mrs. Korch's ultimate intentions. It would seem that Mrs. Korch's husband is a dean at Western Seminary,an evangelical Christian institution, that among the various divinity degrees it offers, offers a track in "Jewish Ministry", a program that gives "foundational and advanced training for those involved in evangelistic and discipleship ministry among Jews" and that provides the "graduate-level training needs of Jews for Jesus staff."

Be warned...

Sun Oct 29, 08:12:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home